Inverted Nipple Correction
Inverted nipple surgery is a fast surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the breasts by increasing the projection of one or both of the nipples to make them more symmetrical and normal in appearance
Overview of Inverted Nipple Correction
Some people may develop inverted nipples which may make them feel self-conscious. Approximately 10 to 20% of women suffer from inverted nipples. The nipple is made of two parts: the nipple and the areola. Areola is the pigmented dark skin and nipple is the projected part. In some people the imbalance in muscle traction causing the nipples to remain retracted. Inverted nipples are usually congenital but they can also result from breast surgery, infection of the milk ducts and breastfeeding.
Type of Inverted Nipple Correction
- Level 1: nipples are inverted under the areola but respond to stimulation and can be manipulated to protrude. Breastfeeding is usually possible.
- Level 2: the nipples are inverted all the times but they can forcefully manipulate to temporarily protrude. Breastfeeding may be possible. The surgery corrects the milk duct.
- Level 3: the nipple will remain inverted even with vigorous stimulation. The surgery is required.
Inverted Nipple Correction Recommended For:
- people who are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- people who are a non-smoker or have stopped smoking
- people with fully developed breasts
- people who are unable to breastfeed because of nipple inversion
Before Inverted Nipple Correction
Patients should stop taking Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medicines at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Women should be asked to stop taking the contraceptive pills. Patients should stop smoking a few weeks before and after the surgery. The surgeon takes the medical history of patients.
During Inverted Nipple Correction
Patients undergo general anesthesia during the procedure. The surgeon will cut under the nipple and free it from the surrounding tissue. A stitch is secured and placed around the nipple and a small splint is applied to hold it in a protruding position. The stitch and splint will need to remain in place for about one week. A gauze dressing may be applied. The surgery takes about 30 minutes and 2 hours.
After Inverted Nipple Correction
Patients are able to go home the same day of the procedure. They should avoid strenuous activity for at least one week. Swelling and bruising are common for a few days after the surgery. They will be able to return to work after a few days. The surgeon may prescribe painkillers to control the pain.
Inverted Nipple Correction cost in Iran start from 922$
Inverted Nipple Correction cost in Tehran start from 922$
Inverted Nipple Correction cost in Mashhad start from 1022$
Inverted Nipple Correction cost in Shiraz start from 1072$
Inverted Nipple Correction cost in Ahvaz start from 1072$