Male Breast Reduction
Male breast reduction, also known as gynecomastia surgery, is a cosmetic surgery to removes excess fat and glandular tissue and makes male breasts flatter and more masculine contour to the chest.
Overview of Male Breast Reduction
Enlarged breasts can cause significant effects on psyche, confidence and emotional state of a man. Just as small breasts can cause embarrassment and low self-confidence in women and girls, large breasts in men can bring about emotional discomforts. Men with enlarged breast avoid certain physical activities to hide their condition. There are several factors contributing to the enlarged breast in men: hormonal imbalance and hormonal change (low levels of testosterone and high levels of estrogen), taking certain medicines include Spironolactone and Calcium channel blockers, heredity conditions and diseases. This condition is more common in elderly people and during puberty. Breast reduction is commonly performed by a plastic surgeon. If the patient is suffering from certain conditions such as diabetes or heart problems, they should first consult with their surgeon.
Type of Male Breast Reduction
- Liposuction: in this method, the surgeon makes small incisions in a cannula, a thin hollow tube, and removes excess fat using vacuum suction. This method helps to produce a more masculine chest contour.
- Excision technique: in this method, the surgeon makes an incision in different parts of the breast and removes glandular breast tissue and excess skin. If the areola should be removed or the nipples should be repositioned, the excision is necessary.
- Combination of liposuction & excision techniques: in some cases, there is a need to use both liposuction and excision technique. ing from certain conditions such as diabetes or heart problems, they should first consult with their surgeon.
Male Breast Reduction Recommended For:
- Men with full breast size development
- Men who feel their breasts are too large
- Men who are not treated with non-surgical options
- Men who have stable weight
Before Male Breast Reduction
Patients need to share medical history with the surgeon. they should limit alcohol consumption before the surgery. It is necessary to stop smoking a few weeks before and after the surgery. Some medicines such as Aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal medicines should be discontinued a few days before the surgery since these medicines increase the risk of bleedings. the surgeon may take some photographs and do some physical examinations. Diagnostic tests such as endocrine function test may be done to determine the underlying cause of gynecomastia.
During Male Breast Reduction
Patients usually would be under general anesthesia during the procedure. This procedure usually lasts 1 to 4 hours. Patients should not use any deodorant, lotions, gels, cologne or other products, which could increase the risk of infection.
After Male Breast Reduction
Patients should wear a compression garment. This will enhance the comfort and help the chest heal optimally. Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess fluid. Patients will be able to see the final results of surgery in a few months. They may feel some pain. The surgeon will prescribe painkillers to control the pain. They can be back to the office 2, 3 days after and can be back to physical activities 10 to 14 days after. They can start a gym 2 weeks after the surgery for non-chest workouts and 6 weeks after the surgery for chest and high-impact cardio workouts.
Male Breast Reduction cost in Iran start from 922$
Male Breast Reduction cost in Tehran start from 922$
Male Breast Reduction cost in Mashhad start from 1022$
Male Breast Reduction cost in Shiraz start from 1072$
Male Breast Reduction cost in Ahvaz start from 1072$