Mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to address common issues faced by women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Overview of Mommy Makeover
After pregnancy and breastfeeding the shape and appearance of a woman’s body change. They are dissatisfied with the appearance, shape and size of their body. Diet and exercise can help them get back in shape, but some changes cannot be reversed by hard work alone. The main goal is to address major appearance changes that can happen to women after childbearing, which usually involve the breasts, stomach, waist, vagina or buttocks. The exact procedures depend on which problem areas a woman wants to fix.
Type of Mommy Makeover
A Mommy Makeover may include:
• Liposuction:. Liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery that removes excess fat deposits and improves the body contour and proportion.
• Tummy tuck: It is a plastic surgery to improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and makes the abdomen smoother and firmer by restoring weakened and separated muscles.
• Breast reduction: Breast reduction surgery is a procedure to remove excess fat, tissue and skin of the breasts, results in breast size more in proportion with the body and to alleviate the discomfort associated with large breasts.
• Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation, also known as boob job, is a cosmetic surgery to enlarge and reshape the size and appearance of the breasts.
• Breast lift combined with breast augmentation: it is recommended for individuals who want to have round and less droopy breasts.
• Vaginal rejuvenation: Vaginoplasty and labioplasty are two common procedures to rejuvenate and reconstruct vaginal area. Labioplasty is a procedure that reduces the length of the labia minora. Vaginoplasty is a procedure to tighten up loose vagina after childbirth.
• Stretch mark removal: Using laser skin-resurfacing treatments to reduce stretch marks.
Mommy Makeover Recommended For:
- Women who are in good medical health
- Women who have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
- Women who are finished with childbearing
Before Mommy Makeover
Patients should stop taking Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medicines at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Women should be asked to stop taking the contraceptive pills. Patients who suffer from anemia should be asked to take iron. Patients should stop smoking few weeks before and after the surgery. The surgeon takes medical history of patients. The surgeon may mark the areas of the
During Mommy Makeover
Patients usually would be under general anesthesia during the procedure. This procedure usually lasts up to 6 hours depends on the type of procedure. Patients need to stay at the hospital overnight. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
After Mommy Makeover
Gauze or bandages is applied to incisions after the procedure. Recovery can take from one to two weeks. The surgeon will prescribe painkillers for a comfortable recovery. Heavy lifting should be avoided for at least six weeks after the procedure. Patients can shower after all of the dressings are removed. They have to maintain a healthy, balanced diet — it’s crucial to recovery. Also they have to avoid alcohol and smoking at least 2 weeks after surgery.