Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess fat, tissue and skin of the breasts, results in breast size more in proportion with the body.
Overview of Breast Reduction
Some women suffer from big and huge breasts. Disproportionately large breasts can cause both physical and emotional problems. Physical discomforts include neck pain, back pain and difficulty in doing physical activities. Emotional problems include lack of self-confidence and feeling embarrassed. Patients will find clothes better fitting, and exercise may become easier. Breast reduction is commonly performed by a plastic surgeon. It might be performed alone or in combination with other procedures such as facelifts or tummy tucks. Breast reduction surgery should be done when breasts are fully developed. Changes in the breasts as a result of pregnancy, breastfeeding or weight loss can alter the outcomes of the breast reduction surgery. If the patient is suffering from certain conditions such as diabetes or heart problems, they should first consult with their surgeon. Many men around the world wish to have thick and full beard or mustache. However, some cannot have it in a way they wish. It can directly affect their self-confidence and relationships. It is thought that a fully beard can show men’s strength and intelligence. During the lifetime, many men lose their beard and/or mustache hairs in different situations due to the various reasons such as infection, surgery, trauma or burning scars or genetically. So, they are good candidates for the beard and/or mustache transplant. Moreover, for anyone who wishes to have a thicker and denser beard this technique can be used. Transplanted hairs are permanent. After a while, they continue to grow and they can shave and style them every day like other facial hair as normal.
Type of Breast Reduction
- Traditional breast reduction surgery: the surgeon makes an incision down each breast and removes excess breast tissue, fat and skin. The nipples and areola are also reshaped. This method is ideal for women with extremely large breasts.
- Vertical-incision breast reduction: in this method, the surgeon makes incisions that extend around the areola and down to the breast. This technique is suitable for women with moderately large breasts who do not require extensive tissue removal.
- Scarless breast reduction: this method uses liposuction technique. The advantage of this method is that it does not left scars. This technique removes only fatty tissue and it is usually used on men with enlarged breasts.
Breast Reduction Recommended For:
- People who are experiencing back, neck and/or shoulder pain due to the size of their breasts
- People who are self-conscious or insecure due to the size of their breasts
- People desiring to reduce their breasts by a minimum of 2 cup sizes
Before Breast Reduction
Patients should stop taking Aspirin, all kinds of blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medicines at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Patients should stop smoking and drinking at least 2 weeks before and after the surgery. The surgeon takes medical history of patients. Patient should Have a mammogram and breast tissue exam before surgery. Patients should not eat or drink anything for 12 hours before surgery.
During Breast Reduction
Patients usually would be under general anesthesia during the procedure. This procedure usually lasts 2 to 4 hours. Patients need to stay at the hospital overnight. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
After Breast Reduction
Recovery usually takes about 2 weeks. Swelling, pain and bruising are common after the surgery. The surgeon may prescribe antibiotics and painkillers. patients can use cold compresses to reduce the swelling. After the surgery a tube may be placed under the arms to drain any excess fluid or blood. the surgeon will remove the bandages after 2 days and replace it with surgical bra. patients should avoid heavy activities and workouts for at least 4 weeks after the surgery. Stitches are removed one to two weeks after the surgery. Patients are able to go back to work about 10 to 14 days after the surgery.
Breast Reduction cost in Iran start from 1476$
Breast Reduction cost in Tehran start from 1476$
Breast Reduction cost in Mashhad start from 1576$
Breast Reduction cost in Shiraz start from 1626$
Breast Reduction cost in Ahvaz start from 1626$