Tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a plastic surgery to improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and makes the abdomen smoother and firmer by restoring weakened and separated muscles.
Overview of Tummy Tuck
Some people have too much flab or excess skin in their abdomen. Their abdomen doesn’t respond to exercise or diet. Even there are some individuals who have normal weight but their abdomen is protruded or is loose and sagging. Aging, heredity, pregnancy, prior surgery, and fluctuations in weight are the most common reasons for this condition. Patients can feel confident again in swimwear and form-fitting clothes. The tummy tuck is commonly performed by a plastic surgeon on the tummy. It might be performed alone or in combination with other procedures such as liposuction. Liposuction is not recommended for people who suffer from restricted blood flow, diabetes, coronary artery disease or a weak immune system.
Type of Tummy Tuck
- Mini-tummy tuck: Surgical removal of fat and skin; specifically the area below the belly button. Tightens the weakened muscles below the belly button. The scar is horizontal, situated above the pubis.T he procedure may take up to 2 hours
- Classic tummy tuck: Addresses the loose, sagging abdominal skin common after pregnancy and weight loss. Surgically removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen. Tightens weakened or separated muscles above and below the belly button, creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. The scar is horizontal, situated above the pubis
- Extended tummy tuck: Addresses the excess skin and fat above the belly button often a result of massive weight loss. The scar orientation is both vertical and horizontal. The patients will be able to go home after 1 to 3 days.
Tummy Tuck Recommended For:
- Adults with good skin elasticity and muscle tone
- Be within 30% of ideal weight
- adults who are conscious about excess fat, skin, scars or a lack of definition around the tummy
- patients with weak lower abdominal wall
- patients that Liposuction didn’t adequately improve the appearance of their abdomen
Before Tummy Tuck
Patients should stop taking Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medicines at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Women should be asked to stop taking the contraceptive pills. Patients who suffer from anemia should be asked to take iron. Patients should stop smoking a few weeks before and after the surgery. The surgeon takes the medical history of patients. The surgeon may mark the areas of the body that will be treated and also take some photographs. patients may need to take an anti-coagulant agent to prevent blood clotting. they should maintain a stable weight at least 12 months before the tummy tuck. If they are overweight, the surgeon may recommend losing weight before the surgery
During Tummy Tuck
Patients usually would be under general anesthesia during the procedure. This procedure usually lasts up to 5 hours depends on the type of procedure. Patients need to stay at the hospital overnight. Wear loose, comfortable clothing.ore the tummy tuck. If they are overweight, the surgeon may recommend losing weight before the surgery
After Tummy Tuck
The abdominal incision and bellybutton will be covered with a dressing. Small tubes might be placed to drain excess blood or fluid. Swelling and pain are common after the surgery. the surgeon may prescribe some painkillers and antibiotics, also anticoagulant for several days after the surgery. Patients should avoid intercourse for at least 3 weeks after. They should take at least two weeks off work. Lifting heavy objects are avoided at least 6 weeks after the surgery. Patients should set their bed, chairs, and sofas for rest — using pillows to prop up back and knees. They have to maintain a healthy, balanced diet — it’s crucial to recovery. Also, they have to avoid alcohol and smoking at least 2 weeks after surgery.
Tummy Tuck cost in Iran start from 1660$
Tummy Tuck cost in Tehran start from 1660$
Tummy Tuck cost in Mashhad start from 1760$
Tummy Tuck cost in Shiraz start from 1810$
Tummy Tuck cost in Ahvaz start from 1810$