Glaucoma in Iran
Best glaucoma clinic in Iran
Best glaucoma hospital in Iran
More than 40,000 Iranian and foreign patients are going under glaucoma in Iran each month. glaucoma in Iran is on top of the Middle East regarding its skilled specialists and surgeons. Here are the best clinics for glaucoma in Iran:
- Noor clinic
- Negah Hospital
Glaucoma cost in Iran
There is a significant difference between the cost of glaucoma in Iran and other countries. The most important factors for the low price of it in Iran are:
- The large number of glaucoma clinics in Iran
- The large number of applicants for glaucoma in Iran
Cataract surgery cost in Iran varies depending on the cataract surgery and the hospital. The average cost of cataract surgery in Iran is $1,400.
Glaucoma cost in Iran in comparison with other countries
This surgery costs $5.000 in the U.S., $4.000 in Europe, $2.700 in Thailand and $2.500 in Turkey.
Best glaucoma surgeon in Iran
One of the most important factors for choosing a good surgeon at glaucoma in Iran is the doctor has done many glaucoma surgeries.
You can find the best doctors for glaucoma in Iran on our website by following their different experiences.
Why should you travel to Iran for glaucoma?
Many patients travel to Iran for glaucoma. One of the reasons for this matter is Iranian specialists and ophthalmologists who have high surgery success rates.
- Low cost of glaucoma in Iran
- Low cost of accommodation in Iran
- Well experienced doctors
- The high number of glaucoma in Iran
Diagnostic and surgical centers accordance with today's European standards are performing the highest quality operations in Iran. Another reason for glaucoma in Iran is its lower cost compared to other countries.
How long should I stay for glaucoma in Iran?
The pressure inside the eye is the main reason to cause glaucoma. Preventing or lowering the damage to the optic nerve by lowering intraocular pressure (IOP) in the treatment of glaucoma. Preventing the loss of vision is the purpose of all glaucoma treatments, and it is possible to handle it by detecting it early.
There are two main types of glaucoma:
- Open-angle glaucoma (primary or chronic glaucoma) is the most common type of glaucoma is a result of the blocking of the drain canal and causes increased eye pressure. In this type of glaucoma, there is a wide and open angle between the iris and cornea.
- Angle-closure glaucoma (acute glaucoma or narrow-angle)is a result of blocking drain canals and causes a narrow angle between the iris and cornea closing. This type of glaucoma needs immediate medical treatment.
- Congenital Glaucoma is a result of incorrect or incomplete development of drainage canals in babies during the prenatal period.
The amount of pressure in the eye and the thickness of the cornea will be measured by the doctor. An eye exam will determine the amount of damage to the optic nerve.
Regarding the types of glaucoma, there is different laser treatment available:
- Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty (ALT) is performed for open-angle glaucoma. The laser treats the trabecular meshwork of the eye, increasing the drainage outflow to lower the intra-ocular pressure.
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) is performed for open-angle glaucoma.SLT applies a very low level of energy and leaves portions of the trabecular meshwork intact.
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (LPI) is performed for angle-closure glaucoma. This procedure allows aqueous fluid to flow from behind the iris directly to the anterior chamber of the eye.
- Cycloablation (ECP)uses a laser to direct energy through the outer sclera of the eye to destroy portions of the ciliary processes, without causing damage to the overlying tissues.
All types of glaucoma require eye drop anesthesia.
Doctors prescribe antibiotics after the surgery to avoid any infection.
Success in surgery
This surgery is successful in 70-90% of patients, for at least one year.