Hand and Wrist Surgery
Hand and Wrist Surgery in Iran
Best hand and wrist surgery hospital in Iran
A large number of Iranian and foreign patients are going under hand and wrist surgery in Iran each month. hand and wrist surgery in Iran is on top of the middle-east regarding its skilled specialists and surgeons.
Here are the best hospitals for hand and wrist surgery in Iran:
- Treata Professional Hospital
- Gandi Hospital
- Moheb Mehr Hospital
hand and wrist surgery cost in Iran
There is a significant difference between the cost of hand and wrist surgery in Iran and other countries. The most important factors for the low price of it in Iran are:
- A large number of hand and wrist surgery hospitals in Iran.
- A large number of applicants for hand and wrist surgery in Iran.
hand and wrist surgery cost in Iran varies depending on the hand and wrist surgery and the hospital. An average cost of hand and wrist surgery in Iran is $
Hand and wrist surgery cost in Iran in comparison with other countries
This surgery costs $ in the U.S., $ in Europe, $ in Thailand and $2300 in Turkey.
Best hand and wrist surgery surgeon in Iran
A lot of orthopaedic surgeries are being performed each year in Iran. Experienced Iranian doctors with an excellent record are performing the operations. One of the most important factors for choosing a good surgeon for hand and wrist surgery in Iran is a doctor has done many hands and wrist surgeries. You can find the best doctors for hand and wrist surgery in Iran on our website by following their different experiences.
Why should you travel to Iran for a hand and wrist surgery?
Many patients travel to Iran for hand and wrist surgery. One of the reasons for this matter is Iranian specialists and surgeons who have high surgery success rates.
- Low cost of hand and wrist surgery in Iran
- Low cost of accommodation in Iran
- Well experienced doctors
- The high number of hand and wrist surgery in Iran
Hand and wrist surgery centres accordant with today's European standards are performing the highest quality operations in Iran. Another reason for hand and wrist surgery in Iran is its lower cost compared to other countries.
How long should I stay for hand and wrist surgery in Iran?
About Hand and Wrist Surgery
The hand and wrist surgery deals with surgical and nonsurgical treatment of conditions and problems affecting them. The surgery can relieve pain and restore hand function. It can treat hand and wrist injuries, arthritis including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, infections, degenerative changes to the structures in hand and wrist, and problems or defects that are present at birth. If the decision is made for the surgery after other treatments, the patient will need a specialist to know how to fix all the matters.
Types of Hand and Wrist Surgery
- Carpal tunnel release: to ease pressure on the nerve, under local anaesthetic, splitting the carpal tunnel ligament
- Closed reduction and fixation: Wrist bones are regularly broken or fractured. The procedure involves implant wires, screws or plates to stabilize and hold pieces of bone in place to heal properly.
- Dupuytren’s contracture fasciotomy: the connective tissue in palm or fingers is divided to release the tightness in hand. The surgery removes the tissue and releases fingers.
- Ganglion removal: pockets of fluid (cysts) known as ganglions. They feel firm or hard when pressed and are commonly found on the back of the wrist, but they can occur elsewhere. They are commonly associated with osteoarthritis. They are drained using a needle.
- Joint replacement (arthroplasty): to replace or stabilize affected joints using plastic or metal components
- Tendon repair: the repair of ruptured tendons which is caused by infection, trauma, or arthritis to improve hand control
- Trigger finger release: trigger finger is a condition in which the fingers become stuck in place when they're bent. The surgery involves the cutting through of an affected section of the tendon sheath.
- Trapeziectomy: trapezium is a bone in the wrist at the base of the thumb. When an individual has arthritis, trapezium it may cause pain and make simple tasks more difficult. The surgery performed to remove trapezium bone.
- Patients with osteoarthritis who are older than 50
- Patients who have hand and wrist injuries or severe infection
- Patients who have degenerative changes to the structures in hand and wrist
Before Hand and Wrist Surgery
Patients should stop taking certain medications such as Aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements prior to the surgery. They should stop smoking a few weeks before and after the surgery. They should stop drinking and eating around 6 hours before the surgery. Also, they may need additional imaging tests, like X-rays, CT scan, or MRI before the surgery.
During Hand and Wrist Surgery
Patients usually would be under general anaesthesia during the procedure. This procedure usually lasts 1 to 3 hours. Patients need to stay at the hospital for 2 to 5 days. And they should start therapy right after the surgery.
Patients should wear a bulky bandage on the wrist and hand for a week or two after the surgery. The stitches will be removed within 10–14 days. They should elevate a hand to decrease swelling. Begin mobilizing fingers as soon as possible to avoid stiffness.it is recommended to use ice or cold gel packs 3-5 times a day for about ten minutes at a time. They should attend physical therapy with a Certified Hand Therapist.