A chemical peel is a technique to remove damaged skin cells and improve the skin’s appearance.
Overview of Chemical Peel
The features of people’s face are what make them unique. faces are the first thing a person often sees. As people age, the skin appears dull and the dead skin do not easily slough off. The skin that grows after chemical peel is much smoother and younger looking. They can be used to treat several skin problems including Acne scars, Aging skin, Crow’s feet, Hyperpigmentation, Melasma , Scars ,Sun damaged skin, Sagging skin and Wrinkles.
Type of Chemical Peel
- Light peel: a mild acid, usually alphahydroxy acids (AHA), is used to remove the outer layer of the skin. This method is used to treat fine wrinkles, acne, dryness and skin discoloration as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
- Medium peel: glycolic or tricholoracetic acid is used to remove the skin cells from epidermis and from upper part of the middle layer of skin (dermis). It is used to treat age spots, acne scars, wrinkles and moderate skin discoloration.
- Deep peel: tricholoracetic acid or phenol is used to remove skin cells from the epidermis and from mid to lower layer of the dermis. It is used to treat deeper wrinkles, scars, and sun-damage and age spots. The deep peel is used on the face and can only be performed once.
Chemical Peel Recommended For:
- Individuals with fair-skin and light-hair(But even if individuals with darker skin may have good results with chemical peel)
Before Chemical Peel
Individuals must not use any type of retinol or Retin-A topical medication for at least 48 hours before the procedure. They should inform their skin care specialist about any medications that they take. They must not have been on Accutane for at least six months before the procedure. The skin care specialist may prescribe antibiotics or antiviral drugs. Individuals should stop using facial scrubs and exfoliants a week before the procedure. they should stop epilating, waxing or using depilatory hair removal products a week before the procedure.
During Chemical Peel
No special consideration needed.
After Chemical Peel
- Light peel: it has minimal discomfort. individuals may experience some redness and dryness. It requires 1 to 7 days to heal. they must use sunscreen and lotion or cream.
- Medium peel: individuals may experience redness and swelling. They can take some painkillers to control the pain. They should avoid sun exposure until healing is complete. they should apply protective ointments. It requires 7 to 14 days to heal. The doctor may prescribe anti-viral drugs for 10 to 14 days.
- Deep peel: individuals should avoid sun exposure for 3 to 6 months. They should apply ointment for the first 14 days and after that, they should use thick moisturizer for the next 14 days. The doctor may prescribe anti-viral drugs for 10 to 14 days. It requires 14 to 21 days to heal.
Chemical Peel cost in Iran start from 460$
Chemical Peel cost in Tehran start from 460$
Chemical Peel cost in Mashhad start from 560$
Chemical Peel cost in Shiraz start from 610$
Chemical Peel cost in Ahvaz start from 610$